Friday, November 13, 2009

What about just an old-fashioned threesome?

Interesting question.  I've been thinking about since last night after I watched "Curb Your Enthusiasm."  A quick fill-in for the non-watchers.  Larry David, the creator of Seinfeld, stars with "Cheryl" (his wife & total hottie) do a bit of improv situational comedy based on his life a la Seinfeld style.  On Sunday's episode Cheryl (separated from Larry this season) is propositioned by Elizabeth Shue and her husband to share in a threesome with them.

The proposition is so mainstream now it's no longer taboo.  Before Jake and I actually had threesomes -- which by the way, we've only had one -- I used to be so confused at his obsession with them.  (I actually prefer foursomes -- I think it's because I'm Catholic and it's a throwback to the Noah's Ark days, two-by-two, in pairs....).

So my point is, you can have a threesome.  You can have a whole bunch of different number-somes.  You can plan to have them -- every last detail.  Meet on-line, at a party, schedule a tryst at a hotel, or just find a "play room" and go to town.  Yes, I do this (some of this).  But I do it because I had never actually considered an old-fashioned threesome, before swinging was on the table.

I was so excited for "Cheryl" last night -- or women like Cheryl.  Late 40's, working out, staying young, healthy. Thank GOD someone notices them!  Not when she's half naked dancing on a stripper pole.  Someone noticed her dressed in Banana Republic in daylight.  How old-school sexy does this sound?

Sure, I can go out and feel sexy most of the time when I'm putting the energy out there.  But rewind the clock, back to half-past monogamy.  Would it be more of a charge to ask a hot gal-pal to join us in the sack for naive exploration?  Just put it out there, raw and exposed, without any idea of consequences if she were to say yes because the territory is so fresh and new, in comparison to the intricacies of the "lifestyle."

I'll guess I'll never know, because I've crossed the line.  I'm tainted and have to much to lose to try and taint someone working her True Religions at Starbucks.

1 comment:

  1. You are killing me with the "Catholic girls prefer foursomes" comment. Just rich! :-)

    By the way, I think foursomes and/or lifestyle are probably not too far behind if threesome is already considered not so taboo. This calls to mind one episode of Will & Grace and another one of Entourage that the inclusion of threesome didn't seem so, hmm...edgy.

    Good to see your posts again!

    Hardasses

    ReplyDelete